Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Excitement!!! - Ruthie

Excitement. That is an understatement of the feeling that I have as I prepare for the nine-day Summer AG Tour. I am busy packing clothes and other necessities before the big week arrives. Of course, I make a list in order to make sure I won’t forget anything. The thought of flying 1265 miles away from home sounds frightening at first, but once I look over the itinerary, the fear turns to joy.  As the day comes closer, multiple thoughts start to come to mind. I think about how early I will have to wake up in order to get to the airport, and I think about all the great adventures that are ahead. I think about the people that I will be traveling with and the memories that will be made.
This trip is going to be a fabulous experience for me and everyone who goes. We start at the airport in Orlando, Florida at 7 am and then we fly to Kansas City, Missouri. I have never been there, so I’m thrilled to be able to have the opportunity to explore. The itinerary has everything listed out for the adventure. Of course, there are plenty of places we will be visiting, from the University of Missouri and the home of Mark Twain to Iowa State University and the Barham Cattle Co and Family Farm with places in between such as the Monsanto Biotech Facility, the New Day Dairy in Clarksville, Iowa and the Egg Industry Center at Iowa State University.

There are multiple places that we have the ability to view and explore which is an amazing opportunity. This adventure is certainly one that I will not ever forget and one that I will continue to share stories about with my friends and family. A nine-day summer trip to learn and explore more about the agricultural field in other parts of the country...who wouldn’t be excited? As someone who loves to learn and loves the agricultural field, excited is an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment